What does it taste like
The kombucha drink has a pleasant taste, since it is carbonated and slightly sour. In fact, many liken it to sparkling wine or cider.
The benefits of kombucha
Kombucha contains many nutrients, vitamins (such as B1, B2, B6, B12 and C), organic acids and probiotics. But how does it help shield your body?
• Detoxifies the body
• Stimulates the immune system
• Activates metabolism
• Relieves indigestion
• Relieves headache, arthritis and rheumatism
• Improves physical & mental endurance
• Helps in the smooth functioning of the intestine
• Acts against hemorrhoids
• Helps balance liver function
• Mitigates eczema & asthma symptoms
• Rejuvenates cell walls
• Lowers cholesterol & uric acid
How to make your own kombucha
• 1 kombucha mushroom
• 80gr sugar for each lt of water
• 5gr green tea for each lt of water
• About 4lt distilled or filtered water
You will also need:
• 1 glass container (5lt capacity)
• 1 large cooking pot
• 1 piece of tulle or gauze covering the rim of the container
1. Bring half the water to a boil. Remove the pot from the hob, add the sugar and stir until the mixture is homogenized.
2. Add the green tea, cover the pan with the lid and leave it for 15 minutes.
3. Strain the mixture and if it cools, add it to the glass container along with the rest of the water.
4. Into this mixture, pour 10% of the liquid in which the kombucha is located (e.g. in 4lt of mixture, you will add 400gr of the fungus liquid).
5. Add the fungus to the container (it is advisable to carry it by hand or with a porcelain object and not with metal or wood).
6. Cover the container with tulle or gauze and leave it in a quiet, dark and warm place for 21 days.
7. If everything has gone well, a "baby" kombucha will have been created.
8. Filter the liquid and store it in glass bottles.
Drink 1 glass, 1 time a day, either 30 minutes before or 90 minutes after lunch.
👍 For the correct dosage, calculate that each fungus has a life cycle for 6-8 uses
👍 As some doctors argue, "diabetics can drink well-fermented kombucha, since the sugar contained in a large percentage is broken down and converted by the fermentation process".
👎 Because it has caffeine, avoid drinking it during the evening hours.
👎 Women who are pregnant as well as young children, it is advisable to avoid kombucha.